Entertainment Mark Ronson hit with second Uptown Funk copyright lawsuit

12:20  14 september  2017
12:20  14 september  2017 Source:   BANG Showbiz

Attorney Lisa Bloom: 'Usher's herpes lawsuit has been not settled'

  Attorney Lisa Bloom: 'Usher's herpes lawsuit has been not settled' The lawyer for a woman who has accused Usher of putting her at risk of contracting a sexually transmitted disease is dismissing reports their lawsuit has been settled. The Yeah! star, who is facing a lawsuit from 21-year-old Quantasia Sharpton, has denied claims he had sex with her at a Days Inn hotel in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Sources told MediaTakeout.com on Monday (04Sep17), that someone on social media claiming to be Sharpton had settled with the singer for $2 million (£1.5 million). The article reportedly included screenshots from Sharpton's page, featuring the accuser bragging about the settlement. But her attorney, Lisa Bloom, insists there is "no truth whatsoever" to the reports. "We are aggressively prosecuting the case and there have been no settlement talks at all," she tells Gossip Cop. Usher previously told friends he was never with Sharpton. The star has denied claims he had sex with her after a concert in the city. Sharpton claimed one of Usher's aides took her phone number after he spotted her in the crowd at the gig and she met up with the R&B hunk at her hotel. She alleges Usher never mentioned he had herpes, which she allegedly contracted. Sources close to Usher claimed that he was too busy falling in love with Grace Miguel, his manager and now wife, at the time of the incident, and was still backstage at the show when she claimed he was romancing her. Meanwhile, a Georgia woman, who has accused Usher of giving her herpes, is also suing the star for $20 million (£15.4 million). The unnamed woman claimed the singer infected her with the disease in July (17). Usher has denied the allegations and asked a judge to dismiss the lawsuit in August (17).

Musician and songwriter Mark Ronson is facing a lawsuit after being accused of ripping off another song to create his and Bruno Mars' hit Uptown Funk .

An '80s funk band is suing Bruno Mars, left, and Mark Ronson , right , over an alleged copyright infringement in their smash hit song " Uptown Funk ."

Mark Ronson© Bang Showbiz Mark Ronson

Mark Ronson has been hit with another copyright infringement lawsuit over 'Uptown Funk'.

The 42-year-old producer released the song featuring Bruno Mars back in 2014, and is being sued for a second time, this time by the company who own the rights to 'More Bounce To The Ounce' by Roger and Zapp.

Lastrada Entertainment, who own the rights to the 80s classic, have filed a case against Mark, claiming he copied the track.

The company are requesting a ban is in put place for future plays of the track and damages.

TMZ reports that '24K Magic' singer Bruno's vocals are a "clear copy" of 48 seconds of the track.

Monkey selfie copyright battle ends with a settlement

  Monkey selfie copyright battle ends with a settlement The battle over who owns the rights to a monkey's selfies has raged for years, but it's coming to a quiet endThe truce doesn't appear to alter Slater's original court victory, but it will have him donating 25 percent of future revenue from the selfies to charities that protect the habitats of Naruto and his species.

Bruno Mars' monster hit " Uptown Funk " is a thinly-veiled replica of a groovy tune back in the day and now the OG band is out for blood in court. Mars and " Uptown Funk " producer Mark Ronson are among many names listed in a lawsuit filed by members from the music group, Collage.

Uptown Funk . Mark Ronson . Featuring Bruno Mars. Uptown Funk Lyrics. [Verse 1: Bruno Mars] This hit , that ice cold Michelle Pfeiffer, that white gold This one, for them hood girls Them good girls, straight masterpieces Stylin', wilin' Livin’ it up in the city Got Chucks on with Saint Laurent Gotta kiss

However, the 31-year-old R&B star has not been named as a defendant in the case.

Lastrada are also reportedly suing Sony, Spotify, Apple and other producers involved in 'Uptown Funk'.

Court documents state that Mark had been in touch with Roger and Zapp about the song and that he has always cited the duo as an influence.

In 2016, funk band Collage threatened to sue the 'Stop Me' hitmaker as they claimed the Grammy-winning hit sounded "almost indistinguishable' from their 1983 song 'Young Girls'

Mark and Bruno had both previously stated the track was inspired by 1980s electro-funk soul music, and so the pair could easily have heard 'Young Girls' and been influenced by it.

Another band named The Sequence claimed the track copied their 1979 song 'Funk You Up'.

However, no lawsuit was filed for this case.

Beyonce's lawyers argue Formation sample was 'justified' .
Beyonce's lawyers have responded to a $20 million (£14.8 million) copyright lawsuit over her Formation video, insisting her sample was "reasonable and justified". The 2016 hit features spoken word segments from the work of the late social media celebrity Messy Mya, real name Anthony Barre. Officials for the funnyman's estate, led by his sister Angel Barre, filed legal papers in February (17), demanding royalties, damages, and a credit for her brother as a writer, composer, producer, and artist on the track. In the promo, the late Barre can be heard saying, "What happened at the New Orleans (sic)", and, "B**ch, I'm back by popular demand", and his sister claims the samples infringe upon the rights of two of her brother's comedy works. His voice does not feature in the audio version of the Lemonade album track. In July (17), Beyonce tried and failed to have the lawsuit dismissed, and now her legal representatives are arguing it was "reasonable" to use Barre's voice because the feature was only a few seconds in length and doesn't require compensation, according to TMZ. They also argue the U.S. Constitution's First Amendment, which guarantees free speech, pertains to the case. Formation, the lead single from Lemonade, was a huge hit for the 36-year-old superstar, and she even performed the track during last year's (16) Super Bowl half-time show. Messy Mya, who was also an aspiring rapper, died in 2010 at the age of just 22, after he was shot multiple times in New Orleans, Louisiana.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!