UK News Human remains found after woman 'walks into police station and confesses to killing dad years ago'

15:40  10 january  2018
15:40  10 january  2018 Source:

1 dead, 1 injured in explosion outside Stockholm subway

  1 dead, 1 injured in explosion outside Stockholm subway HELSINKI — A man in Stockholm picked up an unknown object from the ground that detonated in his hand Sunday, accidently killing himself and injuring his female companion near a subway station, Swedish police said.The blast took place about 11 a.m. just outside the Varby Gard subway station in Huddinge — a residential district in greater Stockholm, said regional police spokesman Sven-Erik Olsson. © Getty Images Police officers take security measures after an explosion at a metro station at Varby Gard neighborhood of Stockholm's Huddinge district, Sweden on January 7, 2018.

CHILDHOOD pals have recalled playing in the garden where human remains were found after a woman walked into a police station and claimed to have killed and buried her dad .

DS. Greater Manchester Police (GMP) officers searching a house on Matlock Road in Reddish, near Stockport, have discovered human remains , which are believed to belong to a man. The force said a 63- year -old woman told officers on Sunday a man she killed "a number of years ago " was buried

a man standing in front of a building: Credits: PA © Provided by Trinity Mirror Shared Services Limited Credits: PA

Murder cops are questioning a woman who walked into a police station and told officers she had killed her dad after human remains were found in a garden.

The 63-year-old woman sparked the death probe at a house in Greater Manchester after allegedly telling police that she killed a man "a number of years ago".

Forensic cops searching the property discovered a man's body yesterday.

Police are now carrying out door-to-door inquiries with residents being asked if they know a man called Kenneth Coombes, who was in his late 80s in 2005.

the outside of a building: Credits: PA © Provided by Trinity Mirror Shared Services Limited Credits: PA A man by the same name who was recorded as living on the street would've been 99 years old today.

Two hurt in Stockholm metro station blast

  Two hurt in Stockholm metro station blast Two people have been injured after an explosion outside a metro station in Stockholm. Stockholm County Police said a 60-year-old man had been hurt after picking an object off the ground.It then exploded and injured him "seriously". He has been taken to hospital.A 45-year-old woman was also injured in the blast.Details: Area near #Varby gard metro station cordoned off, man was taken to the hospital with serious injuries - police #Sweden #Stockholm— RT (@RT_com) January 7, 2018According to the Aftonbladet newspaper, the item was a hand grenade, but that has not been confirmed.

A murder inquiry has been launched after a woman walked into a police station and allegedly said she killed her dad . The 63- year -old woman allegedly made the admission at Cheadle Heath police station on Sunday.

— A 44- year -old man walked into a police station in Salt Lake City last Sunday and confessed to killing a man in Kelso, Wash., in August 1994 — nearly 22 years ago .

The man was registered as living with a 63-year-old woman called Barbara Coombes.

Police have not released the identity of the woman held in custody after she made the claim at Cheadle Heath Police Station on Sunday.

Neighbours described their shock at the body's discovery, with one telling the Manchester Evening News: "I cannot believe it."

Detective Inspector Dan Clegg, of GMP's major incident team confirmed a body was found in a garden on the street.

He said: "The investigation is still in its early stages and many questions still need answers.

"We will continue our work at the scene through the night and hope in the coming days we can piece together the exact circumstances surrounding the man's death.

"I would like to thank the community for their support as we continue to carry out our enquiries and we would like to reassure them that this is being treated incredibly seriously and we will do all that we can to find out what happened."

The man is yet to be formally identified and a Home Office post-mortem is due to take place in the next 24 hours.

The man's family have been informed.

Terroristic threat toward Jaguars vs. Steelers playoff game leads to arrest, report says .
A man made multiple threats to kill players, fans and himself at Heinz Field during Sunday's playoff game between the Steelers and Jaguars.According to the arrest affidavit, which was obtained by KSAT, police said Yuttana Choochongkol made multiple threats, including killing himself. He is being charged for making a terroristic threat to the public, according to KSAT.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!