Ireland Man replies 'I'm innocent' when charged over murder of Polish man Michal Kurek

16:11  06 april  2018
16:11  06 april  2018 Source:   thejournal.ie

Murder charges after boy decapitated on waterslide

  Murder charges after boy decapitated on waterslide Two people have been charged with murder after a 10-year-old boy was decapitated on a theme park attraction billed as the world's largest waterslide.Caleb Schwab, the son of Kansas Republican state representative Scott Schwab, died at Schlitterbahn Waterpark in Kansas City in August 2016.

GARDAÍ INVESTIGATING THE murder of Michal Kurek in August 2017 have arrested a 29-year-old man . Kurek was Polish but had been living in Ireland for a number of years. It is believed he was homeless at the time of his death.

A MAN is being quizzed over the murder of a Polish lad last year. Michal Kurek ’s body was found with 40 stab wounds in a laneway at Grange, Ballyboughal, Co Dublin on August 4. The 34-year-old had resided in Ireland for several years, living in read more.

Michael Kurek © The Journal Michael Kurek A 29-YEAR-OLD man replied “I’m innocent” when he was charged with the murder of a homeless man whose body was found in north Co Dublin following a stabbing.

The remains of Polish national Michal Kurek (33) who sustained multiple stab wounds, were found by the side of a country road just outside Ballyboughal in north Co Dublin on the morning of 4 August 2017.

He was homeless at the time of his death and had spent time in Dublin city centre and in the west of the city. He was from Dziewin in Poland but had been in Ireland since 2010.

He was formally identified two days after his body was discovered and investigating gardaí had launched an appeal for information.

'Serial' podcast subject Adnan Syed to get new trial

  'Serial' podcast subject Adnan Syed to get new trial A court of appeal agreed his former lawyer failed to investigate a potential alibi witness.Adnan Syed, whose murder conviction was the subject of popular investigative journalism podcast Serial, is set to face a new trial.

A MAN is being quizzed over the murder of a Polish lad last year. Michal Kurek ’s body was found with 40 stab wounds in a laneway at Grange, Ballyboughal, Co Dublin on August 4.

A 29-year-old man has been charged with the murder of Michal Kurek in Dublin last year. Mr Kurek ’s a body was discovered in a laneway off the Ballyboughal to Oldtown Road on 4 August 207. The 34-year-old, who was originally from Poland , sustained multiple stab wounds.

A 29-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday and detained at Balbriggan Garda station where he was charged last night with murdering Kurek at an unknown location on 3 August.

Sebastian Barczuk (29) was remanded in custody after appearing before Judge Michael Walsh at Dublin District Court this morning.

Garda Ross Rowan told the court Barczuk, who was of no fixed address, was charged just before 11pm with the murder of Michal Kurek contrary to common law.

He said the accused replied, “I’m innocent”.

The district court cannot grant bail in murder cases.

Mr Barczuk, dressed in a black anorak, dark jumper and grey tracksuit bottoms, remained silent during the hearing and listened to the proceedings with the help of an interpreter.

Defence solicitor Brian Coveney said that due to the nature of the charge he could not make a bail application.

Judge Walsh agreed to remand him in custody to appear at Cloverhill District Court next Friday.

Legal aid was granted.

Comments have been disabled as the case is before the courts

Shimla: CBI cracks Kotkhai gangrape and murder case, arrests main accused .
Shimla: CBI cracks Kotkhai gangrape and murder case, arrests main accusedThe agency has arrested the main accused behind the rape and murder of a 16-year-old girl from Himachal Pradesh. The accused is being questioned by the agency in its Delhi Headquarter.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
This is interesting!