Ireland Teenager (15) sent forward to trial for attempted murder of woman on Dun Laoghaire seafront

18:30  16 april  2018
18:30  16 april  2018 Source:   Journal.ie

Gardai launch urgent appeal to help locate missing Dublin teenager

  Gardai launch urgent appeal to help locate missing Dublin teenager Gardai launch urgent appeal to help locate missing Dublin teenagerKatie Hughes was last seen at approximately 5.30pm on Sunday April 8 in Dun Laoghaire.

3.00-4. 15 . The campaign over Dun Laoghaire baths is part of a wider battle to protect the public seafront , our coastal environment and public spaces from unwanted developments around the greater Dublin Bay region.

THERE WAS NO alternative to a juvenile detention centre to hold a 15 -year-old Dublin boy accused of a serious knife attack on a woman in Dun Laoghaire Pre- trial detention was also the strictest form of detention, he said. Teenager in court over serious assault of woman (20s) in Dun Laoghaire >.

Central Criminal Court © Sasko Lazarov/Rollingnews.ie Central Criminal Court A 15-YEAR-old Dublin boy has been sent forward for trial to the Central Criminal Court accused of attempted murder of a woman in a knife attack in Dun Laoghaire.

The boy, who cannot be named because he is a minor, had initially been refused bail on 26 December after garda objections. The teen has not made any renewed bail application since then and has remained at the Oberstown detention centre except for court appearances.

He was originally charged with assault causing harm to the woman and production of a knife during the alleged assault at the Seafront, Dun Laoghaire on 23 December last.

Parachute retrial: Soldier 'cared nothing' for wife he 'tried to murder'

  Parachute retrial: Soldier 'cared nothing' for wife he 'tried to murder' A soldier thought he would get an insurance payout for his wife's death when he allegedly tampered with her parachute, a court has heard. Emile Cilliers, 38, of the Royal Army Physical Training Corps, faces two charges of attempted murder and a third of damaging a gas fitting to recklessly endanger her life.Winchester Crown Court has been told that he allegedly sabotaged his wife Victoria's main and reserve parachutes before a jump at the Army Parachute Association at Netheravon, Wiltshire, on 5 April, 2015.

The 15 -year-old has already been charged with assaulting the 25-year-old woman on 23 December. Read: Teenager in court over serious assault of woman (20s) in Dun Laoghaire . Send a Photo / Video.

02 Feb, 2018 15 :56. A large tan-and-white dog is thought to be responsible for two attacks on a flock of in lamb ewes at Watch recently discovered CCTV footage which may show missing Newhaven woman Fatima

The woman, who was 25 and of Irish-Malaysian descent, was found at around 3.20pm on the date of the incident and was hospitalised with serious injuries including a horizontal laceration to her neck.

Last month, the case was upgraded when an additional charge of attempted murder, which carries a possible life sentence, was brought.

The boy faced his tenth hearing today when he appeared again at the Dublin Children’s Court and was served with a book of evidence by Det Garda Daniel Treacy.

The youth, dressed in runners, a hoodie, t-shirt and loose fitting tracksuit bottoms, was accompanied to the hearing by his parents and his solicitor Aisling Mulligan.

His mother sat beside him flicking through the book of evidence while the teen’s father sat close by during the hearing.

Parachute retrial: Soldier 'cared nothing' for wife he 'tried to murder'

  Parachute retrial: Soldier 'cared nothing' for wife he 'tried to murder' A soldier thought he would get an insurance payout for his wife's death when he allegedly tampered with her parachute, a court has heard. Emile Cilliers, 38, of the Royal Army Physical Training Corps, faces two charges of attempted murder and a third of damaging a gas fitting to recklessly endanger her life.Winchester Crown Court has been told that he allegedly sabotaged his wife Victoria's main and reserve parachutes before a jump at the Army Parachute Association at Netheravon, Wiltshire, on 5 April, 2015.

The woman , who is from Dun Laoghaire and is of Malaysian descent, received a serious laceration to the neck and a wound to her hand during what was described as a “very, very vicious assault” near the seafront at Queens Road.

Boy ( 15 ) faces attempted murder charge over Dún Laoghaire stabbing - www.irishtimes.com. A 15 -year-old Dublin boy accused of a serious knife attack on a woman in Dún Laoghaire has had his case upgraded to attempted murder and will stand trial in the Central Criminal Court .

A State solicitor told Judge John O’Connor the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) consented to the matter being returned for trial to the Central Criminal Court on all three charges in the book of evidence.

Alibi

Judge O’Connor gave the youth the standard warning that he must notify the prosecution within 14 days if he intended to use an alibi in his defence and the names and addresses would have to be provided.

He told the teen an alibi was used to be able to show if a person was not in a particular place at the time of an offence.

Dun Laoghaire © Catalyst Dun Laoghaire The teen, who has not yet indicated how he will plead, spoke briefly during the hearing, at first greeting the judge and later to confirm he understood the alibi warning which he said had already been explained to him by his solicitor.

Judge O’Connor then acceded to the DPP’s application and ordered that the boy was being returned for trial to the present term of the Central Criminal Court.

Dead woman to 'give evidence' at own murder trial

  Dead woman to 'give evidence' at own murder trial A judge has ruled that a woman who was doused in petrol and set alight will be heard at her former boyfriend's trial - even though she died last year.  A videotaped testimony from Judy Malinowski will be played during her own murder trial in what Franklin County Judge Guy Reece called an unprecedented case.The Ohio judge said officials had not known a case in which a victim would testify at their own murder trial.The woman lived for two years after her horrific ordeal which left her with severe third and fourth degree burns, covering most of her body.

The 15 -year-old is already charged with seriously assaulting the woman (25) and producing a knife in the alleged attack in Dun Laoghaire two days before Christmas. Independent.ie. Man tells murder trial he remembers nothing about night his uncle allegedly murdered his friend.

A Bessemer teenager , who was acquitted of murder earlier this year, will stand trial this week for an attempted murder charge stemming from a separate incident. The victim said he was crouched behind the car for about 15 seconds when he heard doors close and an engine rev-- a sound he

A date for his first appearance at that court has not yet been allocated but is expected to be within the next month.

Legal aid was granted to include representation of junior and senior counsel for the defence. The judge also directed that copies of recorded Garda interviews with the boy would be provided to the defence.

His solicitor said a bail application was not being made at this stage.

Earlier, the Children’s Court has been told there was a “quite extensive file” which was unusually complex and involved 109 witnesses.

Due to the nature of the new charge, a bail application could only be heard in the High Court.

Previously, the boy’s solicitor told the Children’s Court a number of issues were being attended to and, based on information from the boy’s psychiatrist, these were best dealt with in his current setting.

During another prior hearing, on 25 January, the defence said the teen was undergoing treatment and the parents had “severe concerns for his personal safety”. The defence insisted it would be brought to the judge’s attention if there was an alternative to being in the detention centre.

Follow us on Facebook, and on Twitter

Teacher facing sex assault allegations was allowed to stay at top school – court .
Ajaz Karim denies indecent assaults and an attempted indecent assault at Christ’s Hospital School in Horsham, West Sussex. Former teacher Ajaz Karim is on trial accused of nine charges of indecent assault and one attempted indecent assault against six female pupils at the school. A top private school allowed a “smarmy” teacher to continue working after allegations of sexual assault had been made by a teenage pupil, a court heard.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
This is interesting!