US News Brides left 'devastated' as cops probe Guthrie Castle double-booking 'scam' claims

18:35  18 april  2017
18:35  18 april  2017 Source:   MSN

Former bridal store owner admits stealing dress payments from brides-to-be

  Former bridal store owner admits stealing dress payments from brides-to-be A former bridal store owner has been given a 12-month suspended jail sentence after admitting stealing dress payments from bride-to-be customers. At her sentencing hearing at Limerick Circuit Court, gardai accepted that Shirley Flanagan, proprietor of Robelle Bridal, Annacotty, "did not intend to con" the women.Ms Flanagan's barrister said she found herself in financial difficulties and in the throes of a deep depression following the death of her young son in April 2011.

Cops are probe a alleged double - booking wedding ' scam ' at Guthrie Castle . A luxury Scottish wedding venue is at the centre of a police probe after brides claim events were deliberately double - booked , leaving their One bride was left “absolutely devastated ” by the news, she added.

Cops are probe a alleged double - booking wedding ' scam ' at Guthrie Castle . A luxury Scottish wedding venue is at the centre of a police probe after brides claim events were deliberately double - booked , leaving their One bride was left “absolutely devastated ” by the news, she added.

  Brides left 'devastated' as cops probe Guthrie Castle double-booking 'scam' claims © Provided by Trinity Mirror Shared Services Limited

A luxury Scottish wedding venue is at the centre of a police probe after brides claim events were deliberately double-booked, leaving their wedding plans up in the air.

Cops launched a probe into suspected “fraudulent activity” at Guthrie Castle in Angus, after the allegations were made on social media.

It is alleged that a former member of staff double-booked weddings and pocketed the deposits before doing a "runner".

A wedding held at the venue on Saturday was reportedly double-booked with a conference.

So far the castle has not made any comment on the claims but the castle's normal website has been taken down.

Coal Scam: CBI Files Case Against Its Former Director Ranjit Sinha

  Coal Scam: CBI Files Case Against Its Former Director Ranjit Sinha The Central Bureau of Investigation has filed a case against Ranjit Sinha, its former director, in the coal scam case. In 2014, as Mr Sinha was about to retire as the head of the agency, allegations surfaced that he had met people accused in the case at his home as often as "50-60 times". Senior lawyer Prashant Bhushan, who took the matter to court, said Mr Sinha had compromised his agency's investigation against the people who had been accused of corruption in the allocation of coal blocks.

Brides left ' devastated ' as cops probe Guthrie Castle double - booking ' scam ' claims . Police ScotlandDouble death probe as cops remove bags of medicine from house of tragic couple.

WEDDINGS have been thrown into doubt and couples left devastated amid a police probe into “fraudulent activity” at the historic Guthrie Castle . News emerged as venue bosses left a cryptic post on the Guthrie Castle website advising people who had booked events to get in touch

Instead, a cryptic message appears on the screen asking people who have booked weddings or events at the castle to get in touch.

The message reads: “Anyone who has booked for a Wedding or Event with Guthrie Castle. Kindly contact us at 01241 828691.”

  Brides left 'devastated' as cops probe Guthrie Castle double-booking 'scam' claims © Provided by Trinity Mirror Shared Services Limited

The message soon spread on social media, and many are worried their wedding plans are now at risk as there is confusion over how many couple may be affected by the alleged scam.

Dundee-based photographer Kirsty Brown, who runs Memento Wedding Photography, said she had many clients due to be married at Guthrie Castle.

She said: “I spoke to the make-up artist that did the wedding on Saturday that was double booked and she said it was all true.”

One bride was left “absolutely devastated” by the news, she added.

A groom whose wedding was set to take place at the castle next month said: “We still don’t know for sure if we are the only wedding booked for our date.

“They have no records of the bookings as the guy wiped the PC.

“They will only know when people contact them.”

A castle employee declined to comment on the current situation.

Do you have a wedding booked at Guthrie Castle? Contact us on 0141 309 3251 or email reporters@dailyrecord.co.uk.

'Easter day slaughter': Cleveland cops searching for alleged killer who broadcast murder on Facebook .
Cleveland cops on Sunday were hunting a man who they believe shot and killed another person in a horrifying, Easter afternoon attack – that was brazenly broadcast live on Facebook. Investigators say Steve Stephens murdered 74-year-old Robert Goodwin Sr. at around 2 p.m. local time."We know who he is, and he will eventually be caught," Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson told a news conference late Sunday. Video of the killing, captioned "Easter day slaughter," was posted Sunday afternoon for about three hours before being taken down. In the video, Stephens said he "snapped" over a woman.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
This is interesting!