The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later

US News Teen jailed for Islamic State-inspired attack plan

17:47  02 march  2018
17:47  02 march  2018 Source:   news.sky.com

Husband of jailed charity worker appeals to Iranian minister for help

  Husband of jailed charity worker appeals to Iranian minister for help Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, a British-Iranian dual citizen, is serving a five-year prison sentence after being convicted of spying charges in 2016. © Press Association Undated family handout file photo of jailed British mother Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe with her husband Richard Ratcliffe and their daughter Gabriella. Richard Ratcliffe delivered the letters on Wednesday morning in the hope that they will reach Abbas Araghchi, the deputy foreign minister of Iran, who is currently visiting the UK.

A teenager has been jailed for a minimum of 11 years after planning an Islamic State - inspired vehicle attack in Cardiff. "I am sure that you planned not just the killing of one person but rather mass murder.

Two Palestinians from East Jerusalem were sentenced to prison terms on Monday for planning a 2015 bomb attack on Israeli security forces in the name of the Islamic State terror group.

The knife found in Lloyd Gunton's bedroom © CPS The knife found in Lloyd Gunton's bedroom A teenager has been jailed for a minimum of 11 years after planning an Islamic State-inspired vehicle attack in Cardiff.

Lloyd Gunton, 17, had armed himself with a hammer and knife and wrote what was described as a martyrdom letter as part of his plot to kill "non-believers" in Cardiff.

He was convicted of preparing for terrorist acts after a nine-day trial at Birmingham Crown Court late last year but today was given a life sentence, with a minimum of 11 years.

Judge Mark Wall QC, who lifted the usual order banning the identification of those under 18, told the court that Gunton had been "within hours of committing n act of atrocity on the streets of Cardiff".

ISIS Present In Jammu and Kashmir, Carried Out 2 Attacks: Police Chief

  ISIS Present In Jammu and Kashmir, Carried Out 2 Attacks: Police Chief ISIS Present In Jammu and Kashmir, Carried Out 2 Attacks: Police ChiefA'maq, the propaganda publicity wing of ISIS, claimed on Monday that the group carried out the attack on police constable Farooq Ahmad and "a war has just begun".

MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — A teenager who plotted to run over and behead a police officer as part of an Islamic State movement- inspired attack on an Australian Veterans' Day ceremony was sentenced on Monday to 10 years in prison.

Australian police on Thursday charged two 16-year boys with planning an imminent, Islamic State - inspired terror attack . 3 Khaleda jailed for 5 years. 4 Zuckerberg acknowledges ‘mistakes’ as Facebook turns 14.

Judge Wall added: "It is not possible to estimate how many people would have been murdered or seriously injured by your actions, as the attack was foiled before you could undertake it.

"I am sure that you planned not just the killing of one person but rather mass murder.

"In my judgement I must pass an indeterminate sentence. Your actions show a total disregard for human life.

"I cannot foresee a time when I can be confident that your danger will have ended or decreased sufficiently to enable me to pass a determinate or extended sentence."

Gunton, who turns 18 in April and suffers from an autism spectrum disorder, was arrested at his home in the Llantrisant area of south Wales on 30 June last year.

Judge Wall told the court that police had found what he described as a "terrorist's kit" - a rucksack in the teenager's room with a knife, hammer and suicide note inside.

In the note, Gunton had called himself a "soldier of ISIS".

Instagram posts had made it clear that Gunton had planned to launch his attack on 30 June, the day he was arrested, Judge Wall added.

The boy had used Google Maps to research Cardiff's Castle quarter, a shopping centre, the city's Central Library and the New Theatre, the court heard.

He had also conducted "virtual surveillance" of targets such as a Justin Bieber concert at Principality Stadium.

Gunton was also convicted of two counts of encouraging terrorism by posting extremist material on Instagram, and two charges of possessing Isis propaganda magazines.

Ex-stripper jailed over horror Tinder sex assault once did a streak at Croke Park .
<p>A former stripper and dating show contestant who once streaked in Croke Park has been jailed for five years for a sex attack on a woman he met on dating app Tinder.</p>Dubliner Paul Flaherty (30) first made the headlines in 2007 when he did a charity fundraising streak at a match in Croke Park.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!